You are here
Thursday, 15 Oct, 2015
Soltius works with Amazon Web Services to build dedicated SAP Cloud practice
AUCKLAND, 15 OCTOBER 2015
Soltius, New Zealand’s leading SAP practice, is working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build a dedicated SAP Cloud practice, which it will launch at the end of October.
“As the benefits of the cloud continue to grow and in many cases out-perform on-premise solutions for New Zealand businesses, Soltius has decided it’s time to move beyond the database level of SAP implementations and provide a dedicated cloud offering,” says Nick Mulcahy, Soltius Chief Executive Officer.
“Soltius has a wealth of SAP experience and by working with AWS we can now offer an integrated infrastructure layer to provide a more comprehensive solution for our customers.”
Mulcahy says that as New Zealand’s leading SAP implementation partner, it makes sense for Soltius to leverage its experience and market credibility to build an AWS Cloud practice specialising in the migration of SAP environments to the AWS Cloud.
“Having already helped one of our SAP installed customers move from on-premise to the AWS Cloud platform, the new practice is already well underway.”
“The great thing about cloud computing is that you don’t need to make large upfront investments in hardware and then spend a lot of time and money managing it. Instead, you provision only the computing resources you need to power your latest bright idea or operate your IT department. You can access as many resources as you need, almost instantly, and only pay for what you use. From a business investment standpoint, it makes perfect sense” says Mulcahy.
For further information, contact
Joseph Sweeney +64 027 700 8459 email@example.com
What is Cloud Computing?
Specific advantages and benefits of Cloud Computing include:
- Trade capital expense for variable expense: Only pay for what you consume.
- Benefit from massive economies of scale: By using cloud computing, you can achieve a lower variable cost than you can achieve on your own.
- Stop guessing capacity: You can access as much or as little as you need, and scale up and down as required in a matter of minutes.
- Increase speed and agility: In a cloud computing environment, new IT resources are only ever a click away, which means you can reduce the time it takes to make resources available to your developers from weeks to just minutes.
- Stop spending money on running and maintaining data centers: Focus on projects that differentiate your business, not the infrastructure.
- Go global in minutes: Easily deploy your application in multiple regions around the world with just a few clicks.
Soltius is one of New Zealand’s leading IT consulting firms. 100% New Zealand owned, Soltius is trusted by more than 80 major organisations nationwide to provide SAP solutions, support and consulting. The company has delivered more SAP ERP projects in New Zealand than any other SAP partner in the country.
Soltius was the first partner in Asia Pacific to be certified as an SAP Centre of Expertise for its support services and is the only SAP partner to achieve Gold status in New Zealand.
With a permanent headcount of over 130, and access to a global resource pool, Soltius offers an extensive range of SAP services and has delivered projects the length of the country, from Invercargill to Northland.